The Organ was originally built by Messrs. Foster and Andrew at the church's construction in 1883. It was extensively rebuilt in 1977 and is currently undergoing restoration again in 2019, when it will be augmented with a Larigo stop. The refurbishment is being carried out by The Village Workshop
The 1977 restoration disconnected the Choir section and removed the Manuals and stops for this section but in 2019 this has been reinstated so we now have three Manuals as in the original organ design. The Choir can be seen in the white box, top right and centre, in the photo.
The Organ was in need of some restoration! Pipes were badly damaged through the wear and tear of time - some parts had ceased working altogether and it could no longer be kept in Concert pitch, but tuned a semi-tone lower.
Listen to the organ, before restoration, being played by Keith Beniston:
Photo by Laura Cope